Apply for Social Security Disability in Syracuse
With You All The Way
Social Security Disability can provide some financial relief if health problems make it impossible to work. Most people get denied when they first apply. If that happened to you, don’t give up. Our law firm is highly experienced with appeals. We’ll take your case all the way to Federal Court if needed.
- SSD and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are federal government programs providing financial help if you suffer from a mental health or physical condition that keeps you from working.
- The Social Security Administration (SSA) denies a lot of applications. This is not the end of your application, only the beginning of your appeal. You can pursue several levels of appeal. We strongly urge you to appeal at every stage, all the way to Federal Court if necessary. Our firm’s specialty is appeals.
- To receive SSD, you must be unable to work because of your health. You need to have worked 5 of the last 10 years and paid into the Social Security system. And your condition must be expected to last at least a year.
- To receive SSI, you also must be unable to work because of your medical conditions. But this program lets you qualify without a long, recent work history. You have to show you have limited income and resources. If you qualify for SSI, you also may be eligible for Medicaid, food stamps, and HEAP programs.
- You can strengthen your disability claim by taking certain steps, such as getting regular medical treatment, following your doctor’s recommendations, seeing specialists when necessary and getting objective testing such as MRIs or CAT scans.
- Winning benefits from the SSA doesn’t mean you can’t work at all. You can work part-time – at levels below SSA guidelines. We’ll help you understand the options available for you.